The other day there was a spider in the shower. I do my best to tolerate all the spiders in my apartment. I don't like killing them, so I usually just try to ignore them. I waited for this one to climb up the wall to where I thought it would be safe before I turned the water on, but after I was in the shower for a while I looked over and saw a ball of wet spider stuck on the wall. What a horrible way to die. Can you imagine minding your own business, when all the sudden this goop comes falling out of the sky. In an instant you're completely covered in the stuff you try to move but you can't -- it's too heavy. How would you die? Would it suffocate you? Could you drown in it? Or are you able to breath, but you're stuck unable to move until you starve to death? I hoped for a while that it would be the last one. Maybe that way it would dry out and be just fine. But no, as I watched it started sliding down the wall. Further and further down, until it was on the bottom of the tub. I made sure not to step on it, but maybe I should have. Would that have been better than going down the drain like it did? I've seen spiders come up out of a drain, so I know they can live inside a pipe. But if it was already wet, and it goes down with water it doesn't really have any chance does it?
I was feeling depressed when I left work today, but I couldn't figure out why. I watched X3 when I got home and during the movie I figured out what was wrong. I think I liked it better when I didn't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment