Well I was planning to leave Ireland today, but I had no idea it would be this tough. Apparently ash from a volcano in Iceland shut down all the Irish airports. As the only other way off the island, all the ferries were swamped. Phone lines were busy, websites down (Why aren't they using App Engine). Eventually we went down to the Dublin Port, waited forever in line, then booked the last cabin on a ferry from Rosslare to Cherbourg, France. We stood so long in line we missed the train and had to take a long bus ride to Rosslare. So no Tangier, but we get to see France instead. Plus, we don't have to fly Ryanair or get up at 4 am to catch our connecting flight. I just hope it's a nice boat I'm going to spend 17 hours of my life on.
Oh, I can't figure out how to organize photos from my phone, but you can see some more of my photos in my Drop Bucket album on Picasa. I think the url is something like http://picasaweb.google.com/ribrdb
1 comment:
Found the whale trip but not Europe.(Just figure out that I have to hit "publish your coment")
Post a Comment